Hello everyone! I’m pretty excited to be here at the BookYArd. I love reading books while sitting in the grass with some iced coffee and good friends, so this is pretty much the best thing ever. It’s going to be a fun year!
In honor of my first post, I’m going tell you 14 random things about myself (or whatever I think of as I’m filling in this list!)
1. I am a fangirl. I love TV shows, music, books, everything! I really love my TV shows and they are my sanity.
2. Book quote that I love: “Certainly it would be wonderful if we all knew exactly who we were. But that knowledge doesn’t come from the outside, but from the inside.” ~Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (page 282)
3. This clip makes me laugh EVERY. TIME. (Pivot!)
4. I have a lot of jobs. (It’s exhausting and hopefully not forever.) I’m a bookseller at an indie store, an editor, teach classes theater to kids, work as a morning nanny to put kids on the school bus and there’s writing.
5. I love love love London, and I wish I could be British.
6. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly. (You’re welcome for that life-changing fact.)
7. I have had (approximately/at least) 29 addresses in my life.
9. I hate the…ellipsis. Mostly because writers misuse them (ie. the way I did it was just wrong!) and they tend to act as crutch instead of the purpose they were made for! I can rant on this forever, but here’s a breakdown. 9b. In related news: I love em-dashes. I have to edit them out because of overuse!
10. I’m such a fangirl (see #1) that I went to a glorious convention and met all my favorite actors from Supernatural. They were pretty, nice, and smelled really, really, really good.
11. I could survive off of pizza and cereal. Gluten-free, of course.
12. I can’t pronounce the word “color” vs “collar.” It’s weird because I know the difference, know the difference in the meaning, know how they sound when other people say them, but I can’t say them differently.
13. I hate blue pens! (I like black pens or fun colors.) However, if I’m using a yellow notepad, then I only like blue. It’s weird; I know.
14. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. But I know that one day I will figure it all out.
And now you know a little about me. Share some of your own random facts in the comments/online! I’m on twitter @DanielleEWrites.